[USRP-users] USB 3.0 streaming rate benchmark
uhakansson at tecore.com
Mon Oct 19 15:01:17 EDT 2015
We are trying to nail down requirements for a custom built HOST PC for the B210 and we are looking at the link: http://www.ettus.com/kb/detail/usrp-b200-and-b210-usb-30-streaming-rate-benchmarks
It looks like the C210 chipset in the benchmark is very old (Ivy Bridge/Sandy Bridge, from around 2012) and it is hard to find a newer motherboard with this chipset.
1. Do you have any recommendations for USB 3.0 controllers for newer Intel generations (such as Haswell-E)?
2. Should we still avoid the three bad controller brands mentioned (Renesas, AS Media, and NEC)?
3. Is there anything better than VIA available for new motherboards?
4. Ideally, can you please recommend a motherboard?
5. Would we get better performance with the B210 if we bought a motherboard with a USB 3.1 controller instead of USB 3.0?
Thanks for your consideration,
Senior Software Engineer
Phone: +1 410 872 6315
Fax: +1 410 872 6010
Email: uhakansson at tecore.com
This e-mail may contain privileged, confidential, copyrighted or other legally protected information, and is intended exclusively for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient (even if the e-mail address above is yours), you may not review, store, use, copy, disclose or retransmit it in any form. If you are not the intended recipient or otherwise have received this by mistake, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail (or sysadmin at tecore.com), then delete the message in its entirety. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the USRP-users