[USRP-users] Save GPS epoch into a file

Giovanni Marino giovanni.marino at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Oct 14 04:47:21 EDT 2015

Hi Marcus and Moritz,
Thank you for your emails. I have no idea what you mean. Before sending
the email I have already tried to use the method proposed by Moritz:

gps_time=self.uhd_usrp_source_0.get_mboard_sensor("gps_time",0)
f = open( "GPStime.txt", "w" )
f.write( "GPS Epoch = " + repr(gps_time) + "\n" )
f.close()

I suppose I missed something because I obtained:
GPS Epoch = <gnuradio.uhd.uhd_swig.sensor_value_t; proxy of <Swig Object
of type 'uhd::sensor_value_t *' at 0x7ff62a97eae0> >

Despite I got the GPS epoch on my screen.
Since I have to save the timestamp of the first samples of the output of
the USRP, I was wondering also if there is an alternative methods for
save the GPS time into the file, i.e. if there is another command which
can directly give to the user the GPS time with microsecond accuracy.
I indeed read that there exists also get_time_now(), but I wasn't able
to find the difference between get_mboard_sensor command and get_time_now.
Thank you again
Giovanni