[USRP-users] Question related to captured data validation

alok ranjan alokranjan007 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:16:07 EDT 2015

Hello All,
I am using two USRP N210, one as a transmitter and another one as a receiver both are connected to the same host.
However, both  USRPs are separated from each other (say 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 meters).
For my initial studies I am using benchmark_tx  programme for transmitting the signals and benchmark_rx for the reception purpose.
Next, I am capturing the transmitted base band signals (Complex) using the uhd_rx_cfile with all the valid assignments to be passed. I am giving  all the valid configuration same as the configuration maintained while reception.
In the next step, i am converting the complex data captured (using the uhd_rx_cfile) into .mat format with the help of "Octave".

I would like to know that how to validate that the data i have captured using uhd_rx_cfile is valid and having the information of transmitted signals.
 Also, is it a good practice to use the converted .mat data to extract the Average RSSI per samples using the convolution formula i.e.
Conv(abs(IQ data vector).^2, ones(1,N)/N,'valid').

Any help in this matter is appreciated.
Thank you, regards
Alok Ranjan