[USRP-users] bitbaking a .direct file for the E310

Philip Balister philip at opensdr.com
Tue Oct 13 14:04:39 EDT 2015

On 10/13/2015 12:07 PM, Chris Stankevitz wrote:

>> On Sep 30, 2015, at 3:27 PM, Philip Balister <philip at opensdr.com> wrote:
>>
>> I should review the instructions on the web :) but in the meantime, this
>> is the script I use to build test images. Hopefully this helps you.
>>
>> Philip
>
> Philip,
>
> I used you script and burned sdimage-gnuradio-dev.direct to the sd card.  The E310 does not boot (stops at "loading fpga.bin").  Any tips?  Should I be burning sdimage-gnuradio-demo.direct?
>
> All I am trying to to is get the latest build so that I can run uhd_rx_nogui (which fails on my factory-provided E310 see http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2015-September/015797.html).  This is turning out to be a big challenge. :(

Also, I took a quick look at the flowgraph. line 167 is an argument to
the analog.agc_cc block. The flowgraph has two gains, and the block only
needs one. Delete one of the "gain = 1" lines and the flowgpraph starts.
I didn't have any headphones handy to see what came out though.

I'll sort that and submit a patch to the gnuradio developers.

Philip