[USRP-users] How to stop the rfnoc_moving_average gracefully and questions about the axi interface settings on the FIR Compiler

Swanson, Craig Craig.Swanson at gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:17:53 EDT 2015

Jonathon,

  1.  ?How do I shutdown the rfnoc_moving_average on the E310 without having to do a hardware reboot?  I start it up by running "python rfnoc_moving_avg.py".  If I want to stop the application, I either use ctrl-C and ctrl-Z.  I also kill the moving_average window on my laptop by hitting the small x on the top left hand side of the window.  If I try to re-run it again without power cycling the E310, it gives me the error message "failed to open /dev/axi_fpga".
  2.  I want to re-create your /uhd/fpga-src/usrp3/lib/ip/axi_fir.xci using the FIR compiler.  I open your axi_fir.xci and see all the settings.  I then go into the FIR compiler and I have re-created your your .xci file except for the AXI Interface Settings.  You do not provide a Manage IP project so I am not able to simply open your IP.  The issue is in the Interface tab of the FIR Compiler for Data Channel Options, Configuration Channel Options, Reload Channel Options, and Control Signals.  What are your settings in the FIR Compiler 7.2 for the Interface Tab?  When I compare my .xci file and your axi_fir.xci file here are the parameter values I am having trouble recreating.

DATA_Has_TLAST">Packet_Framing</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.M_DATA_Has_TREADY">true</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.S_DATA_Has_FIFO">true</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.S_DATA_Has_TUSER">Not_Required</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.M_DATA_Has_TUSER">Not_Required</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.DATA_TUSER_Width">1</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.S_CONFIG_Sync_Mode">On_Packet</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.S_CONFIG_Method">Single</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.Num_Reload_Slots">1</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.Has_ACLKEN">false</spirit:configurableElementValue><spirit:configurableElementValue spirit:referenceId="PARAM_VALUE.Has_ARESETn">true</spirit:configurableElementValue>

Craig

Craig F. Swanson
Research Engineer II
Information and Communications Laboratory
Communications, Systems, and Spectrum Division
Georgia Tech Research Institute
Room 560
250 14th St NW
Atlanta, GA 30318