[USRP-users] Random long duration noise at the start of UBX captures

Perelman, Nathan nperelman at LGSInnovations.com
Mon Oct 12 16:26:09 EDT 2015

I've been having issues with UBX daughter-boards for a little while, and I
finally traced them down to a reproducible issue. Running:

./rx_samples_to_file --duration 2 --rate 25000000 --freq 1e9 --gain 38 --ref
gpsdo --setup 0

I frequently see large amounts of random noise (up to +/- 0.5 out of 1.0),
for up to 0.5 seconds. I have tested with 2 different UBX daughter-boards
and seen similar noise. Is this expected with the UBX? I do not see similar
noise with the SBX.

I am using UHD 3.8.5 with an N210.

-Nathan