[USRP-users] GSM Radio

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Sat Oct 10 21:22:42 EDT 2015

Hello Alfred:

You can run a GSM basestation on USRPs with OpenBTS. You will need to first
install UHD before installing OpenBTS. You do not need to install GNU
Radio, as OpenBTS does not use GNU Radio. In order to be effective in using
OpenBTS, you should be familiar with the GSM physical layer. I've listed a
bunch of links below that should help you get started.

http://openbts.org/
https://github.com/RangeNetworks/openbts
http://www.amazon.com/Getting-Started-OpenBTS-Michael-Iedema/dp/1491910658/

http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Artech-House-Mobile-Communication/dp/0890067856/