[USRP-users] N200 - Reset (Clear) Receiver/Transmitter

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Thu Oct 8 12:26:33 EDT 2015

On 08.10.2015 00:43, Vidak Kazic via USRP-users wrote:
> How can I reset the USRP N200 to the initial state, so that I can send
> new data? In my setup, after sending a number of vectors, I start
> getting overflow for following vectors. In this situation, I’d like to
> reset the receiver and send the signals again. Restarting the devices
> manually isn’t an option, as this is both slow and inefficient of any
> application.
>
> It seems logical that I should be able to set the receiver to the same
> state it was in right before sending the first group of samples.
> However, I cannot find any functions that ‘clear’ the buffer or do
> similar actions. I’ve tried running the step(rx) function repeatedly,
> until only noise is received, but any transmission after this also leads
> to overflow. I suppose that this means that the buffer remains full, so
> the USRP cannot store incoming bits.

Vidak,

after receiving a packet of bursts, there should be nothing stopping you
from receiving another. What's your failure mode? Also, are you having
issues only on the receive side, or also the transmit side? And how are
you issuing stream commands?

I don't know what your step() function does, but after you issue a
'stop' command, it is recommended to flush the buffers by polling recv()
until no more packets are received.