[USRP-users] ....new X310 Does not W.....

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Sun Oct 4 16:26:01 EDT 2015

Hello Bob:

On the X300/X310, when using the HGS image, Port 0 must be connected to 1
GbE, and Port 1 must be connected to 10 GbE. Are you saying that you are
able to use 1 GbE on Port 0, but 10 GbE on Port 1 doesn't work? There is
some documentation about this at the link below.

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_x3x0.html#x3x0_setup_network

Please let me know about the firewall as well, although I don't think this
is the cause of the problem.

 --Neel

On 2 October 2015 at 12:51, Bob Downing <downing at ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> Neel
>
> I cannot set the ip address back to the default - I wish I could. The
> initialization cannot progress through the loopback test.
>
> The x310 is directly connected to the host via 4-port 10GigE card.
>
> I will check the firewall set up.
>
> Is port 0 available for HGS?
>
> I am trying to find another host.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 10/2/2015 3:41 PM, Neel Pandeya wrote:
>
>> Hello Bob:
>>
>> I'm really baffled by this... There shouldn't be any restriction on the IP
>> addresses assigned to the X310. You can set Port 0 and Port 1 to anything
>> you want. In order to communicate with the host, the host must typically
>> be
>> on the same subnet but use a different IP address, that's all.
>>
>> Is the X310 directly connected to the host, or is there a switch in the
>> middle?
>>
>> Are you running a firewall at all ("sudo iptables -L")?
>>
>> Are you able to set the IP address of the X310 back to 192.168.40.2, and
>> get it working again?
>>
>> --Neel
>>

>> On 2 October 2015 at 12:30, Bob Downing <downing at ll.mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Neel
>>>
>>> Thanks for responding. I am using UHD 3.9.1.   I do change the ip on the
>>> host and my net mask is 255.255.255.0  The usrp was working when the ip
>>> was
>>> set to the default 192.168.40.2 with the host set to 192.168.40.20 both
>>> at
>>> ifc=p2p3. When I change the usrp ip to 192.168.30.2 I also changed the