[USRP-users] What is the battery pack voltage for E310, E312 and is required firmware update already available?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 08:24:50 EDT 2015

Hi,

>> Does this mean you can only install this firmware with a programmer,
>> through jtag ?
>>
>> Or is there another way?
>
> The only way is via jtag.

It's not technically JTAG it's more SPI, via the ISP protocol for AVR.
But yeah, you need to open the E310 and physically connect to the ISP header.

The main issue is that the header is 1.27 mm pitch pins and I could
just not find any matching connectors for it. At least in
'wire-to-board' style.
Samtec has one but it's impossible to buy. There are also some others
but not in 3x2 configuration, only 5x2 and so they wouldn't fit as it.

In the end I just connected to it using EZ-hooks, but it required
taking it all appart (separate radio from main board) to have the
clearance to place them.

The SPI port is connected to the FPGA, so the only thing missing to
make it programmable without a dedicated programmer is the ability to
control the RESET line.

Cheers,

    Sylvain