[USRP-users] Zmq buffer and complex samples

Giovanni MARINO giovanni.marino at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Thu Oct 1 09:41:58 EDT 2015

Hi,
I am trying to set a connection between an USRP N210 and matlab by using ZMQ PUBSUB paradigm (i.e. the USRP is the server and matlab the client). In doing so, I am writing a MEX code for the API between GNURADIO ZQM_PUBSUB and my matlab function, but I have not been able to understand yet how ZMQ_PUBSUB works in GNURADIO. Firstly: How can I define the communication buffer of ZMQ connection? The documentation of GNURADIO does not explain how to set it (i.e. is Vec Length the number of array elements which are actually sent into the ZMQ socket? If not how can I understand how many samples are sent through each send command?) Since I am working with IQ samples, how does ZMQ send them? Does ZMQ send first the real part and then the imaginary one? Do you have any info or example which I can study?
Thank you in advance
Kind regards
Giovanni Mairno