[USRP-users] Product Announcement: SDR in the Palm of Your Hand

Anselm Karl anselmkarl.inbox at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:28:42 EDT 2015

Hi all,

The 2nd Gen Devices have a similar fpga as the B200. RFNoC is just too big
for it, i guess. But they have this place holders (custom_dsp_rx.v, ...)
instead.

I think for many people (including me) it is too complicated / too time
consuming to hack in the fpga sources of a b200 and put their custom dsp on
the right place. (In the case of the 2nd gen devices it's absolute doable,
as you don´t need to hack.)

Long story short: Ettus people, add a fpga/usrp3/custom for the 3rd gen
devices too small for RFNoC. Better you do it once, than many (or not so
many) people have to do it themselves! ;-)

--Anselm

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

*Anselm Karl*