[USRP-users] RFNoC Block Interaction (Tuning Radio Block)

Jonathon Pendlum jonathon.pendlum at ettus.com
Wed Jul 29 14:43:49 EDT 2015

Hi Jacob,

You can send command packets to the radio core to change the DSP
settings (decim, interp, cordic, etc) and issue SPI commands to configure
the daughterboard. In the radio core, command packets translate to settings
bus writes, so if you look in radio.v you'll see that configuring the radio
generally involves writing data to various registers hanging off the
settings bus. You will need to take care in reading / writing to the
correct regs and sequencing the commands properly. Since you are
essentially trying to emulate what UHD does, studying the UHD tuning code
would be a good way to start.

To actually send command packets, you should use noc shell's cmdout port.
You'll want to send a two line packets (64 bits per line) that look
something like this:
header[63:0] = {4'b1000, sequence_number[11:0], 16'd16, src_sid[15:0],
dst_sid[15:0]}
data[63:0] = {address[31:0], data[31:0]}

Jonathon