[USRP-users] (ER-2112) Implementing USRP SDR X310

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Jul 29 10:03:46 EDT 2015

Dear Dr. Yang Chunzhu,

We don't have any guides for directly modifying the original source code
aside from what you've already found in our source code[1].

However, I'd like to point you at our emerging technology for FPGA
implementation:
RF Network-on-Chip (RFNoC). It's targeted at developers that want to
implement signal processing on the FPGA; there's an introduction here
[2], and a presentation on youtube[3], as well as a demo video showing
how you can visualize 200MHz of spectrum in real time without missing a
single sample by calculating a spectrum-analyzer display on the FPGA [4].

RFNoC allows you to just implement a AXI-Stream interfaced "block" of
functionality, include that in the FPGA image, and configure the
connection between the radio interface, that block, other RFNoC blocks
and the host computer in software at run time.

Best regards,
Marcus Müller

[1] https://github.com/EttusResearch/fpga/tree/master/usrp3
[2] https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/wiki/RFNoC:-Getting-Started