[USRP-users] problem with loopbacks when using USRP

Garey, Marshall Owen mgarey at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 28 12:13:29 EDT 2015

I'd highly suggest running on a native Linux machine. With Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and a USRP N210 with 1 GigE, I'm able to Tx and Rx complex 16-bit integers at 25 Msps simultaneously without ever dropping or underflowing. As everyone else is saying, it is definitely dependent on the machine, and a VM or Windows will definitely slow you down.
Good luck,
Marshall