[USRP-users] Streaming debugging in console window

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Jul 28 08:37:18 EDT 2015

Hi Jason,

you're right, these are things printed by UHD:
"S"equence error (a packet was not received before the one that should
come after it was received)
"U"nderrun (your PC didn't give the USRP the samples in time, so the
USRP had no samples to trasmit)
"O"verrun (the USRP wanted to give you samples, but the buffers on your
PC were full, so UHD had nowhere to put the new data).

Documentation:
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_general.html#general_ounotes

Assuming this is on X3x0:
Now, unless you have a throttle in your GR flowgraph (never combine
throttles and hardware!), your PC is too slow to keep up with the
processing.
The "S" is especially worrysome, because it means that not only UHD's
recv() and send() functions hadn't been called often enough to keep the
realtime samples flowing, but either there was some packet reordering
(we've only seen that on USB3-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapters and when
routing UHD traffic through complex networks, and when NAT'ing the IP
traffic in and out of a VM), or your OS was so busy executing software
that it couldn't even receive an ethernet frame.

Best regards,
Marcus