[USRP-users] Hardware selection for X310-based system

Matt Ettus matt at ettus.com
Mon Jul 27 17:50:33 EDT 2015

There's been a lot of discussion on X300 over PCIe.  If you wish to use the
X300 over PCIe, it should work, and if it does not, we will work with you
to make it.  However, I have said a few times that, unless you *really*
need to use PCIe, you are probably better off with 10G ethernet.  Ethernet
will have higher bandwidth, and the latency of PCIe is not really lower.
There are a number of aspects of PCIe that are inconvenient, like having to
compile kernel drivers, the inability to hot plug, etc., which do not get
in your way when you use Ethernet.

Matt