[USRP-users] Hardware selection for X310-based system

The Tilla tilla at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 19:38:05 EDT 2015

Don’t even bother with the PCIe route.

I had significant problems just initializing the device and even when it initialized properly, stability left something to be desired...  Although it advertised significant latency improvements, none were ever realized.

10g was stable and depending on your latency requirements should be the right choice.  If you have multiple processors, make sure you mate the Ethernet card to the PCIe bus directly connected to a cpu that you affinitize your receive thread to.  Z820 has a nice diagram illustrating CPU -> PCIe interconnects.

We utilize Z820s with win7 64 bit, which provides a very good amount of processing capacity.

We don’t stream anywhere near the sample rate you are suggesting, but we thread out writes from received samples with no issues even using spinning drives.