[USRP-users] Sampling Rate vs Master Clock Rate

Crozzoli Maurizio maurizio.crozzoli at telecomitalia.it
Thu Jul 23 11:13:49 EDT 2015

The question is: could anyone explain the relationship between the two ratesd in the subject?

To be more specific, working with LTE signal in the RX side I might need to set e.g. a sampling rate of 30.72 Msps. For doing that, I would think to use the set_rx_rate command. But then I happen to read in the archives of our mailing list (on February 2015, "Question on set_rx_bandwidth") a comment by Marcus Leech who says that "Whatever sample-rate you pick *MUST* be an integer fraction of the master-clock rate, which by default if you don't set it, is 32MHz.  There is no fractional resampling done in the hardware.".
So I would say that, according to what is needed in my example given above, I'd set also the master clock rate of the board before setting the rx (sampling) rate:
set_master_clock_rate = 30.72e6
set_rx_rate = 30.72e6

Is it correct?

Any further comments on the subject I'd better be informed of (e.g. about setting also the RX bandwidth)?

Please, if you can answer my question, specifically refer to B210 and E310 boards if needed, which the ones we have.

TIA!

BR,
Maurizio Crozzoli.

Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.

[rispetta l'ambiente]Rispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non ? necessario.