[USRP-users] "sudo apt-get upgrade" on liveusb 3

Collins, Richard richard.collins at axenterprize.com
Thu Jul 23 03:17:27 EDT 2015

Is running sudo apt-get update and apt-get upgrade on a running Ettus
liveusb image ok? (downloaded from http://files.ettus.com/liveusb/3.0/ )
Is it advised against? I tried once, but it was going to take forever, and
it seemed to thrash the usb flashdrive quite a bit. I'm currently
reformatting that drive after physically bumping it during the upgrade
(since it's now not in a working state and cinnamon crashes).

Note: I'm new to a lot of this and just used to Ubuntu. Also curious.

- Richard