[USRP-users] Simple BPSK modulation with alternating 1's and 0's

Moon, Seung - Exelis Seung.Moon at exelisinc.com
Wed Jul 22 14:54:54 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'm currently working an intern, and my teammate and I are trying to generate a simple BPSK modulated signal.
We both lack knowledge on GNURadio and communications for our project, so we are hoping to get some help online.
Currently, I have a repeating vector source of alternating 1 and 0 which feeds into PSK modulator block (constellation point: 2, gray code: Y, differential encoding: Y, sps: 4, excess BW: .35) which feeds into a throttle block (sample rate: 32k) which then feeds into a GUI sink.
On the GUI constellation diagram, we see some points that are not situated at +1 and -1.
We are not sure on how to interpret what we are seeing on the constellation diagram.
>From my understanding, BPSK modulation modulates our data to +1 and -1.
Ultimately, we will be using USRP B200 to transmit our signal to lock on to a receiver which expects a BPSK modulated signal at certain data rate (let's say 1kbps).
We are also unsure on how to transmit our data at the desired data rate.
Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your interest. Have a wonderful day.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.