[USRP-users] issues with the FUSB.h code on 64 bit linux

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Jul 22 13:20:33 EDT 2015

Hi Oscar Isoz,

I vaguely remember fusb from GNU Radio back in the times before USRPs
got their current unified driver (UHD), but were used by GNU Radio using
the in-tree libusrp.
So, we're talking about pre-3.4 GNU Radio-- I'm actually amazed you got
that compile on the modern Ubuntu; on my fedora22 system, half of the
external dependencies are "too new" to even build GNU Radio (python
doesn't link, swig doesn't wrap, docbook doesn't document,...). Is this
right?

Now, in my humble opinion, it might be best to try to use a modern GNU
Radio with gr-uhd to talk to the USRP, which will use "normal" libusb
and typically work very well. Or aren't you using a USRP at all?
Normally, SiGe stands for IV/IV semiconductor things -- so I'm guessing
this is about some kind of amplifier? Or is it about something else?

Best regards,
Marcus