[USRP-users] UHD and GnuRadio compilation

Emanuel.Staudinger at dlr.de Emanuel.Staudinger at dlr.de
Wed Jul 22 10:18:15 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm a bit new to Linux and GnuRadio so I have a couple of simple questions. I used the script from Marcus Leech on the GnuRadio website to setup UHD, GnuRadio and everything which comes with that by default. So far, installation succeeded. Many thanks for that script Marcus, this really helps a lot
I'm missing some steps on how to update and recompile the source, once I installed everything.

a)      Now there is a new UHD version with improvements in particular for the X310 I'm using. How do I update UHD sources and recompile them? Just with a git pull and the commands needed to compile and install UHD provided from the USRP manual page?

b)      If GnuRadio becomes updated, how do I pull the latest sources and recompile and install everything?

c)       If UHD becomes updated, do I need to recompile GnuRadio as well?

Maybe some of you have a list of necessary steps which could help?
Best regards,
Emanuel