[USRP-users] E310: 'Bus error' or Seg Fault when using freq_hopping.py

Philip Balister philip at opensdr.com
Tue Jul 21 19:07:52 EDT 2015

On 07/21/2015 02:47 PM, Collins, Richard via USRP-users wrote:
> I am new to GNURadio, and am used to using GRC for the few projects that
> I've done so far.  I am using the E310, and want to implement frequency
> hopping. I found GRC doesn't seem to be set up (at least intuitively, to
> me, as a newbie) for control logic and the FAQ mentions GRC doesn't
> implement loops (or looping control structures?).
>
> I found freq_hopping.py online as being available in the gr-uhd examples
> directory, but I didn't find it in the examples directory on the E310
> (though most other .py and .grc files were available). While ssh'd into the
> E310, I copied it over to the E310 using wget, chmod'd it to allow
> execution, and tried running it.

So this flowgraph is from the gnuradio master branch, and the E310 has
gnurasio built from the maint branch. Marcus Leech looked over the
flowgraph and didn't see anything that would obviously cause trouble
when running on maint, but he mentioned the issue could be related to
volk. The recent volk release fixed some issues with arm code. We are in
the process of making new images with uhd-3.8.5 and updated gnuradio +
volk this week.

In the meantime, try removing the file .volk/volk_config and see if the
problem goes away.

Philip