[USRP-users] E310: 'Bus error' or Seg Fault when using freq_hopping.py

Collins, Richard richard.collins at axenterprize.com
Tue Jul 21 14:47:34 EDT 2015

I am new to GNURadio, and am used to using GRC for the few projects that
I've done so far.  I am using the E310, and want to implement frequency
hopping. I found GRC doesn't seem to be set up (at least intuitively, to
me, as a newbie) for control logic and the FAQ mentions GRC doesn't
implement loops (or looping control structures?).

I found freq_hopping.py online as being available in the gr-uhd examples
directory, but I didn't find it in the examples directory on the E310
(though most other .py and .grc files were available). While ssh'd into the
E310, I copied it over to the E310 using wget, chmod'd it to allow
execution, and tried running it.

No matter what options I specify (or even running it with all default
configuration with no flags set), everything seems to set up correctly,
frequency is tuned and tests pass, but it always end up like this:

--   Successfully tuned to 2450.000000 MHz
--
Using Volk machine: neon_hardfp
Starting to hop, skip and jump... press Ctrl+C to exit.

or, I'll get 'Bus error' instead of seg fault sometimes.

*Does this example work with the E310, out of the box?*

*Are there any examples of correct configurations that run when used on the
E310?*

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

Richard Collins