[USRP-users] revc and missing samples

Tom Tsou tom.tsou at ettus.com
Tue Jul 21 14:14:47 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Crozzoli Maurizio via USRP-users
<usrp-users at lists.ettus.com> wrote:
> With reference to B210 and E310, when I use the recv function to acquire received data for LTE signals, can I physically receive all the date in time window or I might run the risk to lose some samples because the HW RF FE is too fast with respect to the capabilities of the HW devoted to handling received data and at least save them to memory (first, then to file).

To capture a single (non carrier aggregated) LTE channel at full 20
MHz bandwidth, reasonable sample rates are 23.04 Msps or 30.72 Msps
depending on your analysis software capabilities. Most modern desktop
and laptop machines are capable of capturing at these rates -
especially if you write directly to RAM.

On the more resource constrained E310, saving continuous 20 MHz LTE to
the embedded filesystem is currently not possible. On the other hand,
I would feel very confident about capturing 5 MHz LTE. 10 and 15 MHz
LTE bandwidths are probably close to if not exceeding the capabilities
of the ARM processor and filesystem.

  -TT