[USRP-users] [UHD] Request for Feedback: C-API

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Tue Jul 21 12:39:39 EDT 2015

Marcus' answer is correct, but this is an important question and I want
to be absolutely clear:

- UHD will stay in C++ (it is not moving to C)
- This API is merely a wrapper, all it does is turn C++ calls into C calls
- Using this API will *not* improve your performance, ideally, it's the
same, in reality, it might be a tiny bit worse
- This API is meant for developers who can't use C++ for some reason, a
typical example would be to add bindings to some other system and/or
language (pretty much everything has support for C bindings, less so for
C++).

So, if you *can* use C++, you should use it. So this development is not
running 'in parallel', rather, it's running on top of other development.

Cheers,
Martin