[USRP-users] E310 vs. B210: data acquisition and processing speed

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Mon Jul 20 16:11:30 EDT 2015

Hello Crozzoli Maurizio:

It is hard to say whether the E310 or the B210 is "faster". It depends on
your application and data rates. The B210 connects to a host computer for
processing over USB 3.0, which allows for a fair amount of bandwidth. The
E310 uses an embedded ARM CPU, which is generally less capable than the CPU
in a modern host computer.

Could you explain a little bit about your application, what sampling rates
you're using, and what kind of signal processing you want to do in
software? Do you want to do any processing on the FPGA instead of in
software?

--Neel