[USRP-users] C++ Idiom for Deriving from multi_usrp?

Tom Wallace tom.wallace at vesperix.com
Fri Jul 17 09:25:20 EDT 2015

Is there a useful C++ idiom for deriving a new class from uhd::usrp::multi_usrp that preserves the functionality provided by multi_usrp_impl, but allows the new class to redefine member functions and add new ones?

The combination of the PIMPL design, the use of boost::shared_ptr, and the fact that it's been years since I've worked with C++ inheritance and polymorphism has me puzzled (sister class delegation? boost::dynamic_ptr_cast?).

Am I missing a reason why deriving a new class this way is a bad idea, or just not seeing the easy way to do it?

---
  Tom Wallace (tom.wallace at vesperix.com<mailto:tom.wallace at vesperix.com>)
  Vesperix Corporation
  803 West Broad Street, Suite 520
  Falls Church, VA 22046
  Phone 703-224-4422   Mobile 703-220-8711