[USRP-users] Unable to permanently set UHD maximum buffer size

John Petrich petrich at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 16 19:23:05 EDT 2015

UHD_USRP_probe  outputs a UHD warning that the receive buffer should be
resized to 50e6.  Following the
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_transport.html documentation,  I have
been unable to permanently set the maximum rmem buffer size.  The wmem
buffer size appears to be permanently set.  Using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS OS.  The
sysctl.conf directory is not natively present in my OS.

I performed mkdir sysctl.conf in the etc directory.  Using sudo nano
net.core.rmem_max=50000000 to access a text editor, I was able to include
the text file < net.core.rmem_max=50000000>  in the sysctl.conf directory.
The rmem maximum buffer size is not permanently set and the UHD warning
continues to appear at every reboot.

Any suggestions?  Is the sysctl.conf directory correctly placed in the etc
directory in my Ubuntu OS?  Is the text file <net.core.rmem_max=50000000>
correct?  What have I forgotten to do?  Any ideas why the wmem buffer size
appears to be permanently set but not the rmem buffer size?

Regards,

John Petrich