[USRP-users] Development for E-310.

prabhu prabhu142003 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:30:19 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I am building a library which I want to install in USRP E-310. The
instructions on the documentation page of USRP E-310 does not give much
more information.

I am newbie for embedded linux development.

I have certain questions which could be simpler as well. My questions are
based on the documentation page available on the link
http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp_e3x0.html

*In order to facilitate software development for the integrated ARM
Cortex-A9 processor, a Yocto Project based SDK is provided in the download
section of our website.*

Where is the download section?

Does it refer to the one on http://www.ettus.com/product/details/E310-KIT
listed as Development frameworks ?

It refers to the Xilinx ISE.
Installation

The following section will guide you through the installation of the
provided SDK on a Linux development machine.
Obtaining the correct SDK

It is necessary for the SDK version and the image version to match, to
ensure the versions of the software installed on the device and the version
of the software the SDK will build against match.
Although it is listed as SDK I have not able to find where it is at the
beginning later I got mine from this link

http://files.ettus.com/e3xx_images/e310-release-002/oecore-x86_64-armv7ahf-vfp-neon-toolchain-nodistro.0.sh

based on my understanding on this  command

./oecore-${TCLIBC}-${SDK_ARCH}-${IMAGE_BASENAME}-${TUNE_PKGARCH}.sh

Is this correct step ?

Usage

Having installed the toolchain in the last step, in order to build software
for your device open a new shell and type:

$ . <yoursdkinstallpath>/environment-setup-armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi

This will modifiy the PATH, CC, CXX etc, environment variables and allow
you to compile software for your USRP E310 device. To verify all went well
you can try:

$ $CC -dumpmachine

which should return 'arm-oe-linux-gnueabi'.
I hope the above listed things are for setting up the environment variables
for libraries need for the development.

After that I didn't see any information on how I can build my own package
for this embedded platform. All I see is how to build UHD and GNURADIO for
this device ?

How or where should I refer to build my library for this embedded linux.

 There are tons and tons of documents available for other embedded devices
such as Beaglebone Black, Raspberry pi etc... which also runs on embedded
linux OS and I also see people using SDK to build applications for those
devices.

I am not sure about how I can do with this.

If anyone can help with this questions it may help me to understand further.

*Thanks,*
*Prabhu Janakaraj*