[USRP-users] UHD build problem on Win7

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Wed Jul 15 16:47:52 EDT 2015

On 15.07.2015 12:09, Jason Matusiak via USRP-users wrote:
>> which compiler + version are you using? We tried building rfnoc-devel on
>> Windows, and didn't see these issues, but we are using a lot of C++
>> features.
> I am using the MS VS Community 2013 version.  It sais that it's C++
> compiler is: Visual C++ 2013   06177-004-0444002-02344

Let me get back to you -- I do believe we can reproduce that setup here
in the lab.

>> Also, you've built rfnoc in the past, haven't you? What changed?
> Well, I couldn't have things go TOO smoothly for me, so I added a new
> wrinkle.  Since I had been doing my work on a linux VM, I was starting
> to see some streaming data issues, so I decided to see if I could setup
> UHD on the windows side to see if it would solve some of my issues.  It
> may not be worth it in the end, but I thought it might benefit me to
> give it a go to see what I could do.

Sure, why make things easy :)

Please note that while we're not trying to make things hard on the
Windows users, we don't use that platform for development and the rapid
development on rfnoc-devel can sometimes lead to the Windows experience
being not quite as smooth.

Cheers,
Martin