[USRP-users] subdev vs. channels

Michael West michael.west at ettus.com
Tue Jul 14 14:06:51 EDT 2015

Hi Maurizio,

*1.       **According to what you have written there are no ways to receive
ALSO from the two RX sides of the two TX/RX ports?*
*Correct.*  There are only 2 RX chains.  There is simply an RF switch that
switches between the TX/RX antenna and RX2 antenna for each chain.

*2.       **Anyway, if I want to choose the RX side of the TX/RX ports, how
can I do it? Do I have to use the subdevice specification? If so, how?*
Add the following line to the rx_multi_samples.cpp example code (after line
126):

for (int i = 0; i < channel_nums.size(); i++)
usrp->set_rx_antenna(<ant>,channel_nums[i]);

where <ant> is "TX/RX" or "RX2".

Regards,
Michael