[USRP-users] Aurora core possible with an X310?

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 11:08:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

> I was wondering if anyone had looked into running Aurora on an X310
> (probably in RFNoC)?  It probably wouldn't be nearly as straightforward
> as I would hope since we would need to run Aurora, then pass it out
> ethernet (I assume) and through an ethernet-to-fiber converter (and
> vice-versa for the other directions); but I am trying to figure out if
> there are any major gotchyas I am missing before diving into this a bit
> deeper.

AFAICT the SFP+ connectors on the X310 are directly connected to MGTs
on the FPGA. So you could remove one of the ethernet SFP+ connection
from the fpga code, then reuse that SFP+ to directly put a fiber
transceiver and an Aurora core inside.

And that could indeed be a RFNoC block so you can easily direct
traffic to it or to the host. (note that fpga only flow graph are not
supported atm, but should be in the future).

Cheers,

   Sylvain