[USRP-users] Aurora core possible with an X310?

Jason Matusiak jason at gardettoengineering.com
Tue Jul 14 10:41:56 EDT 2015

We have a custom wireless testbed emulator we've been working on with
custom front-ends and ADC/DAC boards.  There has been some talk of
dropping those and maybe utilizing the X310 instead.  The thing that got
me thinking is that we currently take our I/Q IF samples and pass them
through the Xilinx Aurora core and via fiber to a central Xilinx V6 FPGA
for processing.  If I drop our custom boards, I would need to replicate
the Aurora core on the X310.

I was wondering if anyone had looked into running Aurora on an X310
(probably in RFNoC)?  It probably wouldn't be nearly as straightforward
as I would hope since we would need to run Aurora, then pass it out
ethernet (I assume) and through an ethernet-to-fiber converter (and
vice-versa for the other directions); but I am trying to figure out if
there are any major gotchyas I am missing before diving into this a bit
deeper.