[USRP-users] subdev vs. channels

Michael West michael.west at ettus.com
Mon Jul 13 16:26:44 EDT 2015

Hi Maurizio,

The subdevice specification is not necessary to supply in most cases.  It
allows users to more specifically map the RF front ends to channels.  By
default, the front ends are enumerated where channel 0 is the first front
end on the first device and channel N is the last front end on the last
device.  The order of the device adresses during the multi_usrp object
creation defines the order of enumeration of the devices.

For your use case, you do not need to provide a subdev spec.  You only need
to provide the correct ordering for the device addresses and indicate the
channel(s) you intend to use.

Regards,
Michael

P.S.  The documentation for all products can be found at
http://files.ettus.com/manual/