[USRP-users] subdev vs. channels

Crozzoli Maurizio maurizio.crozzoli at telecomitalia.it
Mon Jul 13 04:14:56 EDT 2015

With reference to the sample code "rx_multi_samples.cpp" provided in the Ettus code site, could someone please explain (or give some reference to some documentation) the difference between the "subdev" specification and the "channels"?

With reference to the boards B220 and E310 (we already have the first one, we are just buying the second one), we would like to be able to select more than one RX chain (from 2 to 4) but it is not clear if that situation is to be handled by "subdevices" and/or "channels". Looking at the code it seems that all the "trick" is done by managing the "channels" and the "subdevices" is almost useless... For sure I am wrong, that is why I am asking for help here...

TIA!

BR,
Maurizio.

PS Why just a few week ago http://code.ettus.com/ could be freely accessed and now it requires username/password? And how to get them?
Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.

This e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only. Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail, Thanks.

[rispetta l'ambiente]Rispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non ? necessario.