[USRP-users] Methodology for new NOC_IDs?

Jason Matusiak jason at gardettoengineering.com
Mon Jul 13 11:07:44 EDT 2015

I was wondering if there was a methodology or plan for how to pick new
RFNoC ID values?  There are only a handful of values in place right now,
so picking a new one is easy, but I imagine that it will start to get
confusing as more and more blocks are added.

Is there a thought to set aside a section for custom user blocks that
aren't getting added into mainline?

Also, have you been picking values to mean something (like certain
ranges imply streaming, other imply using a Xilinx core, etc)?

I am guessing that right now, things are just sort of picked based on
who designed them, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss documentation
somewhere that spelled out an overarching plan.