[USRP-users] fpga build win7

Jeremy Hershberger jhershb1 at nd.edu
Fri Jul 10 15:47:52 EDT 2015

Installing UHD works as advertised (with slightly degraded performance), as
for FPGA compilation, I cheat a little and run a Linux Virtual Box on my
Windows PC.  I have the Xilinx tools installed on both the linux OS and
windows.

I can use the linux box to run Ettus's scripts with the "PROJECT_ONLY=1"
which builds me an ISE project (the predecessor to Vivado) in a shared
folder.  I can then open the ISE project in the windows version of ISE
where I can do my modifications/compiling.

Basically, I only need the linux box to generate me an ISE project after
which I can do all my work with ISE under windows.

All the Ettus guys will swear by FPGA compilation via command line, but for
people who are less experience with FPGA development, the Xilinx tools-GUI
can be very helpful.

Best,

-Jeremy