[USRP-users] Trouble understanding o_tdata

Jason Matusiak jason at gardettoengineering.com
Wed Jul 8 14:00:58 EDT 2015

>You have the right idea on the meaning of the signals. I think you might have a syntax issue though. Using the >division operator with concatenation is probably causing an issue since the resulting bitwidth is wider than o_tdata. >Try changing the code to:
>assign o_tdata = {i_tdata[WIDTH-1:WIDTH/2] >>> 1,i_tdata[WIDTH/2-1:0] >>> 1};

Jonathon, I actually had your code originally and then changed it later
see if something else was going on.  I have since changed things to be a
"doubler" by:
assign o_tdata =
{i_tdata[WIDTH-1:WIDTH/2]+i_tdata[WIDTH-1:WIDTH/2],i_tdata[WIDTH/2-1:0]+i_tdata[WIDTH/2-1:0]};

And that seems to be working better.  So I am guessing that I have the
gist of things, I am probably just misunderstanding something with the
GRC script itself and its freq sink, or something of that ilk.