[USRP-users] recv_frame_size and num_recv_frames for B210

Dario Fertonani dario.fertonani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:18:26 EDT 2015

I was able to eliminate the rare overflow errors just by using higher
values of recv_frame_size and num_recv_frames for the rx stream. Our stack
easily meet the timeline, so we're looking at eliminating rare overflow
errors due to the non-deterministic nature of the non-real-time OS (in our
case, Ubuntu 14.04 low latency), rather than to slow stack processing.

Any drawback in using high values of recv_frame_size and num_recv_frames,
besides memory usage/waste? For example, I don't fully understand what
happens when num_recv_frames is bumped up to 256 from the default value of
16. Does the worst-case latency increases by 16 times?

Thanks,
Dario