[USRP-users] Newbie Issue

Tom Tsou tom.tsou at ettus.com
Tue Jul 7 15:07:32 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:45 AM, gsmandvoip via USRP-users
<usrp-users at lists.ettus.com> wrote:
> I have used USRP1 + DBSRX1+LNA for a while with modified clock (52 MHz) in
> order to work with GSM signals but I use to get lot of noise along with my
> interested signals.
> I want to know which factor is responsible to this noise??
> Is it happening due to 20ppm calibration rate of USRP??

If you are driving a USRP1 with a 52 MHz clock, the accuracy of the
stock oscillator is not relevant. If it's phase noise you are seeing,
then the modified clock is likely to blame. Other sources of
noise/interference will be difficult to ascertain without additional
information. Can you describe the noise you see in the frequency
domain?

  -TT