[USRP-users] Amplifiers for USRP Transmission

evan echavis at umich.edu
Tue Jul 7 14:35:21 EDT 2015

Hello Derek,
Thanks for the response.  My original question was really just intended
to be about what factors I'd need to consider if I were to going to try
to use an amplifier along with the USRP; I think I may have kind of
confused people with my unclear description of the receiving side.
You're right though, I have been trying to replicate some of the Ghost
Talk stuff, currently I've gotten it working at a short range on a
Bluetooth headset and the "wire attached to an old microphone" receiver
that I tried to describe before.  I don't know if I'm going to add an
amplifier to what I've been trying just yet because there's some other
devices I can try this out on at a short range without needing an
amplifier, but this thread has certainly given me a lot of stuff to
check out before I do add an amplifier.  I'll learn about the filtering
you and some others talked about as well as the Nyquist rule before I
try increasing the power of my transmission.
Thanks,
Evan