[USRP-users] fpga build win7

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Tue Jul 7 13:38:35 EDT 2015

On 06.07.2015 21:32, Faller, Lisa-Marie via USRP-users wrote:
>     Below is the output I get with the make command.
>
>     Can you maybe help me further? What is the difference between the 3
>     fpga-image-branches?

Hi Lisa,

the branches match to the equivalent UHD branches. I.e. if you want to
run UHD master branch, you need the code from the FPGA master branch
etc. Note that maint branch uses ISE, whereas master + rfnoc-devel use
Vivado, so you won't be able to build maint with your setup anyway.

>     Is there some kind of documentation on how all the different blocks
>     of Verilog/vhdl code link together?
>
>     Or on how to write customized code?

There's our FPGA manual: http://files.ettus.com/manual/md_fpga.html, but
not that is valid for *maint* branch only (we always publish the latest
release manual). In your local source directory, you will find manuals
for your current branch.

We *do* assume familiarity with the Vivado toolchain and FPGA
development in general. There's no high-level documentation of the
individual modules. I suggest you give us some idea what you're trying
to build, and we'll be able to point you into the right direction. Maybe
RFNoC is what you want.

I'm not sure anyone's ever tried to build the FPGA image with MinGW; and
we don't use 15.1, either (see the master branch manual). Maybe that's
part of the issue.

Regards,
Martin