[USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Jul 7 11:00:03 EDT 2015

On 07/07/2015 10:11 AM, Aaron Henderson wrote:
> With method 2 I gave the following command 'sudo ./usrp2_recovery.py
> --ifc=eth0 --new-ip=10.51.14.1' and got a 'Done' message, so I take it
> that the change was succesful, and I can ping the device. However,
> uhd_usrp_probe and uhd_find_devices gives the same errors as before.
>
> I have even tried setting the subnet with this command
> './usrp_burn_mb_eeprom --values="subnet=255.255.254.0,
> gateway=10.51.14.1" to no avail.
>
> The positive change is that I can change my IP address now.
>
> Aaron
You've  set the address of your N210 to the same as what I assume is
your local router.  They'll now be fighting.

You can't just pick an address at  random in that situation,  since that
network  is shared with others, and everyone needs their own address,
including
   the local  router.

In the case  where you have a *dedicated* link to the USRP, it doesn't
matter.   But in this case, you're connected to a wider network.