[USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Jul 7 09:53:59 EDT 2015

On 07/07/2015 09:46 AM, Aaron Henderson wrote:
> I am using a 4 port Netgear hub, because, the tower I am using has
> only one ethernet port.
>
> My host PC IP addres is set to 10.51.14.35, and my N210 has an IP
> address of the factory default (192.168.10.2) with no way to change it.
>
> The results from 'netstat -rn' are:
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window
> irtt Iface
> 0.0.0.0         10.51.14.1      0.0.0.0         UG        0 0
> 0 eth0
> 10.51.14.0      0.0.0.0         255.255.254.0   U         0 0
> 0 eth0
> 169.254.0.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.0.0     U         0 0
> 0 eth0
>
> Aaron

OK, so the basic problem is that you have no mutual routing between the
N210 and  your host PC.

We don't recommend using a "shared" ethernet port to talk to your
network-connected USRP devices, they really should be on a dedicated
port, and  it
   sounds like your one ethernet port is used for your regular
networking "stuff".

If you use "method 2" here:

http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp2.html#usrp2_network_changeip

You can change the address to an address on your hosts subnet
(10.51.14.0/9) and that should get you communicating, but you won't be
able to support
   high-speed operations, likely, due to conflicts  with other network
traffic.

Ideally, get a 2nd 1GiGe ethernet card, and program it for an ip address
of 192.168.10.1