[USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210

Aaron Henderson eginehen at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:30:37 EDT 2015

I am unable to change the IP address of the device.

Is there a work around? A better setup or diiferent way to troubleshoot this issue?

Aaron

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 10:45:31 -0400
To: usrp-users at lists.ettus.com
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210
From: usrp-users at lists.ettus.com

    On 07/06/2015 10:39 AM, Neel Pandeya
      via USRP-users wrote:

        Your host computer and
          the N210 should be on the same subnet, but with different IP
          addresses, such as 192.168.10.2/24 and 192.168.10.99/24.
          The ping uses ICMP Echo, but the uhd_find_devices uses
          broadcast IP packets. If you have a hub, switch, or router in
          between the host computer and the N210, then it might be
          blocking these IP packets. Are you able to run (replace the
          correct IP address for your N210):

          uhd_usrp_probe
            --args="addr=192.168.10.2"

        --Neel

    Also, and I've said this in the past.  The 1GiGe port on the USRPs
    shouldn't be thought of as a general-purpose network port, but as a
    convenient

      and cheap "data bus" between you computer and the USRP.  The USRPs
    don't have a full IP routing stack on them, so the more IP and

      ethernet-switching "plumbing" that is placed between the USRP and
    your host computer, the more likely it is that you'll have problems,

      particularly if you're not familiar with IP network design and
    configuration.  Further, MANY 1GiGe switches apparently cannot
    sustain high

      data rates across their switching fabric, and start losing frames
    when streaming samples from USRPs.

        On 6 July 2015 at 07:29, Aaron
          Henderson via USRP-users <usrp-users at lists.ettus.com>
          wrote:

              Now my N210 is not being recognized by the
                hub I am using.

                Does this mean my N210 has gone bad?

                Aaron