[USRP-users] An apology: Re: USRP1 and amplifiers

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Mon Jul 6 18:05:32 EDT 2015

Evan:

I would like to apologize for the tone of my response to your post on
the the usrp-users mailing list. There is nothing inherently wrong with
being new to a given field, nothing at all, and your question deserved a
more balanced response than I initially gave.

My main concern (as elucidated in my subsequent post) was related to
safety, but I think that was rather badly clouded in what was a snarky
response, and for that I apologize.

I encourage you to continue your experiments, to explore, and to ask
questions. That is, after all, how everyone learns these things, and is
what higher education is all about. We all started *somewhere*, and none
of us entered this field knowing it all.

Please continue to ask questions on the usrp-users mailing list, and we
will help you as best as we can. We really do want to encourage
exploration and experimentation.

-Marcus Leech