[USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210

Neel Pandeya neel.pandeya at ettus.com
Mon Jul 6 10:39:22 EDT 2015

Your host computer and the N210 should be on the same subnet, but with
different IP addresses, such as 192.168.10.2/24 and 192.168.10.99/24. The
ping uses ICMP Echo, but the uhd_find_devices uses broadcast IP packets. If
you have a hub, switch, or router in between the host computer and the
N210, then it might be blocking these IP packets. Are you able to run
(replace the correct IP address for your N210):

uhd_usrp_probe --args="addr=192.168.10.2"

--Neel