[USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210

Aaron Henderson eginehen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:29:34 EDT 2015

Now my N210 is not being recognized by the hub I am using.

Does this mean my N210 has gone bad?

Aaron

Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 15:24:09 +0200
From: marcus.mueller at ettus.com
To: eginehen at hotmail.com; USRP-users at lists.ettus.com
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] Can ping but not find_device on N210

    Hi Aaron,

    the situation is the following: your PC is in a different subnet
    than your USRP, hence the USRP doesn't know where to send packets to
    your PC directly, and tries to send them to the configured default
    gateway. Probably, this doesn't work either (that gateway probably
    doesn't exist).

    The easiest solution to this is giving your PC an IP address from
    the same subnet, e.g. if you're on linux, a

    sudo ip address add 192.168.10.100 dev eth0

    (assuming eth0 is the network interface you want to use)

    Then, add a route through that:

    sudo ip route add 192.168.10.0/24 dev eth0

    to tell your computer that all packets for any address in the
    192.168.10.* network should directly go through eth0.

    Best regards,

    Marcus

    On 07/06/2015 02:31 PM, Aaron Henderson